Monday, August 08, 2005

No seriously, you can't beat the real thing.

Yesterday afternoon I did something I'm not proud of.

I've done it before and I thought I wouldn't do it again.

Like last time, it left me feeling cheap, empty, and just a little bit used on the inside.

I tried to resist, but it didn't seem like I had any other options. I told myself I would regret it later, but any approximation of willpower I had was laughable in the face of unmitigated temptation and longing.

So for what I hope is the very last time, I gave in. But take my word for it, I will never, ever again drink Coke Zero instead of regular Coke.




Daily installment of additional useless information: In 1906 Coke introduced the slogan, Coca-cola: The Great National Temperance. In 1904 it was Coca-Cola is a delightful, palatable, healthful beverage. And Fast Food Nation makes McDonald's out to be the beginning of the misleaders. . .

2 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

Coke Zero? It just sounds nasty.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Christopher said...

I promise that in the very near future I will answer all of your questions.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home