Monday, May 08, 2006

Yay for me.


It's my birthday, dear readers. Everybody loves having a birthday - at least I do. My policy is to engage in a day of full-on hedonism on my birthday. So far I've had two restaurant meals and anticipate a third within the hour. I paid a nice Vietnamese woman to rub my body with soft hands and warm rocks this morning. I only read the summaries at the end of the chapters of 1 of the 2 books on motivation theory that I'm supposed to read for tomorrow. I read the preface of the second. So far, this class has yet to have an impact on my motivation orientation.

Last night Bev and I caught the Instant Films 21 screening. You gotta stream it!!! Or at least some of them. On Friday night 7 screenwriters each drew a noun and an adjective (e.g., legal/toast; annual, tequila) at random. On Saturday morning they drew the name of a director and a 3- 4 actor cast. The shorts were produced over the weekend and screened last night. The result -- magnificent!



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Kelly! I hope your day was wonderful. I thought about you a lot today...just about every time one of my students asked me what the date was. The pics of the flowers are beautiful ;) Have a great night! Love ya...

7:56 PM  
Blogger timothy said...

Happy Birthday Kelly!!!!!

Imagine that you got a big bunch (ok, so I can't spell boquet, and am refusing to look it up)of flowers and the card attached said, "Thank you for being a friend"...

...wait, did I just lapse into the theme song for Golden Girls again?

dammit!

Oh well, Happy Birthday!

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, Kelly. I thought about you the other day. I was in a workshop and my table-mate was a social psych phd.

I hope you enjoyed your hedonist ways!

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home