Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Lessons from my grandma and rock stars.

My grandma's always getting on my case to gain weight. I've conceded that I should bulk up my arms.

Last night I saw The New York Dolls. David Johansen also makes a compelling case for the value of weight-bearing exercise. Seriously, he should become an anti-drug motivational speaker. And keep his cute little polka dot jacket ON.


Joining the band for the first time at the 2004 UK reunion show and subsequently touring with the NYD, guitarist Steve Conte also makes a compelling, although slightly different, case for the value of weight-bearing exercise. I realize I stand mostly alone in this demographic, but by now you know how I feel about ambiguously (or not) Jewish men who are either approaching (or have passed) 40. Bonus points for androgeny. Last night Steve Conte was wearing this pretty awesome Superman shirt. He took it off. It was hot.


In today's "Irony: A closer look" segment, I had class at 10 this morning. It was raining when the alarm went off at 6:42am. I definitely wanted to stay in bed where it was warm and cozy. The class being a seminar on motivation, it just didn't feel right to skip the first day. So I drive across town to my place, shower, eat breakfast, and wait for 15 minutes in the rain for the bus to drop me off at school at 9:55. Fine. Perfect. Only then. . . the professor is not in class. A student hands out syllabi that have week 1 scheduled as "Sorry, but I am out of town. No Class." @#$%$@!@#$%%!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home