Monday, March 13, 2006

Catch & Release.

There's a clear frontrunner in Dating Derby 2006. Exciting! Delightful! Downright dreamy. So much for the sappy stuff, the current business is dealing with the honorable mention.

There's nothing wrong with the other guy, he just doesn't make me mix cds, want to hang out on Sunday nights and listen to KCRW while drinking various alcoholic beverages, or surprise me with unbelievably soft vintage band t-shirts. Also, absolutely no time has been wasted pondering the delectability of said honorable mention.

Thus, it's time to feign maturity and do the right thing.

I'm inclined to email him before I leave for SXSW tomorrow (we just email, no phone communication) and relate that although I've really enjoyed hanging out with him, I've decided to see someone else exclusively. No hard feelings. Best of luck. Blah. Blah. Blah.

Other options submitted to the panel include:

(a) telling him that I've reunited with an ex, bad timing, etc.

(b) not mentioning the other guy and only relate not having chemistry, not wanting to pursue this further, etc.

Obviously, it's not like this guy will be heartbroken either way, but I don't want to be embarrassed if I run into him at Whole Foods and, given the choice, I'd like to hurt his feelings as little as possible.

Suggestions from the floor?

3 Comments:

Blogger timothy said...

There is always:

"I have decided to have the surgery to become a man, but am still open to dating you..."

or:

"I just don't feel like Jesus want's us to date"

or even:

"My cat from when I was six told me in a dream that you cheated on me."

or for the tech saavy:

"Hey have you read my blog lately? You're the honorable mention."

Oh, I'm sorry were these supposed to be serious? Cuz it sounded like you had a pretty good handle on it.

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would think the truth would be better in the long run. but the sex change story would be very funny.

10:09 PM  
Blogger workingmemory said...

bwahhaha.. i really like the sending him to this blog idea. just like email him the link.

also, ryan + lauren are at SXSW..

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home