Sunday, March 05, 2006

Clarity

Thursday before last I was having an ambiguously bad day. It'd been about 4 days on < 6 hours of sleep, I had a not-so-hot meeting with my advisor in which I jogged her memory about my heretofore mostly undeveloped statistical prowess, and I sat on various LA roadways for about 2 hours picking up a prospective graduate student from the airport that's 8 miles from my house.

Instead of happy hour, I went for a run to feel better.

Then I fell on the running path.

I wanted to cry. I did, a little. But then I picked myself up, ran on, called my mom and proceeded with the documentation.

So at least I knew that it was, in fact, a shitty day.

Here are my sexy, sexy knees a week later:




So much for the old trick of not shaving your legs before a first date if you want to be sure and keep your pants on. Sporting these scabby, pussy, and bruisy beauts has certainly squelched any temptations to move past 1st base on my recent dating spree - which, I might add continues this Tuesday AND Thursday(!).

1 Comments:

Blogger workingmemory said...

owch!

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home