Friday, June 09, 2006

It's that time of year again, this week.


On Tuesday I schlepted down the street to vote in the California primary. I've lived in California for 3 years next week. I've voted in twice as many elections, special elections, and whatever else I get a pamphlet in the mail for. I have voted in real elections more times than I have called in to vote for American Idol. Not to sound ungrateful for the privilege to choose who may piss me off with uncharacteristic support for he-who-must-not-be-named (ehem - Diane Feinstein, I'm talking to you!), but for this could I get more than a sticker? Maybe a lollipop with the rope handle like they used to have at bank. Or an "I voted" henna tattoo. Then I would really feel engaged in the democratic process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home