Friday, May 12, 2006

More compelling evidence that my priorities are *totally* in order:

1. Things in Los Angeles are good. Great even. I'm getting a respectable amount of research done. I have ideas for my dissertation. I really like, and perhaps even love, many aspects of the city. I have a hot and charming man-friend who treats me unbelivably well to the great chagrin of all my lady-friends' man-friends. I've been offered the perfect summer job working in an applied psychology field that makes the world a better place -- for poor people (!!).

1A. This morning I bought tickets for my 2-month summer escape to NYC.

2. Yesterday morning I was reading a blog about a woman trying to manage her boyfriend, friends, work, and herself when the person in the next office passed by on the way to his office. In the name of decorum and maintaining a professional working environment, I clicked to another tab in my browser.

2A. Which was open to a Wikkipedia article about tabby cats.

2 Comments:

Blogger timothy said...

I have had that happen many times. I used to use the "alt-tab" feature to flip from one window to another only to go from a games website to Fark while my supervisor was "visiting" my cube. Good times...

Now I just click on the "show desktop" button on the tool bar.

...tabby cats... hilarious!

9:58 AM  
Blogger nerdelite said...

Yeah NY. Yeah Big Apple.

OMG! OEIFELK! GRRRLP!

What're you gonna do for 2 mos. while you're in NYC and your hunky, deep-pocketed beau is in LA? Not to imply that you aren't a self-sufficient, independent womYn. Is he gonna visit?

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home