Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Dialing up is hard to do.

Back in Southeast Texas, I’ve been doing my best to embrace some of the local customs. A very important part of life here is offering up a significant portion of one’s flesh for consumption by local insects.

A log of my recent contributions:

1. Playing Frisbee w/ my parents’ dog: 10 mosquito bites
2. Going for a walk with my mom: 4 mosquito bites.
3. Getting out of the car at a restaurant: 3 fire ant bites
4. Waiting in the sno-cone line, general miscellany: 7 mosquito bites

I did some serious binging on the television front. After a day of grunt work at a house my parents are remodeling, my sister and I logged 8 hours of The Learning Channel and HGTV. My mom posted an impressive 7. 5 hours, but my dad came home from the other house to mow our own yard, only catching about 15 minutes of an especially entertaining episode of What Not to Wear.

True to form, I’ve oscillated between slothful recluse and budding socialite. Well, okay, the slothful recluse has been winning out. Dinner plans last night and tonight account for the sum total of my socialite tendencies. No need to overdo it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Georgia is just as bad...maybe worse. Here we have Texas-sexe mosquitoes. They leave huge marks. Hope you are enjoying your time at home.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home