Monday, May 30, 2005

Now where did I put that flag?

It is a perfect day in Los Angeles. A breezy, sunny, seventy-two degrees. Exactly the taste of summer one needs to last the nine more school days until it arrives in earnest.


I went to a middle-school-throwback sleepover last night. Being the general curmudgeon that I am, I didn't even like sleepovers in middle school. I had a surprisingly good time last night. There was watching of Punky Brewster and Dirty Dancing. Friendship bracelets and picture frames were produced. I caught up on my photo albums. And yes, my team won the pillow fight.

.

4 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

Lucky Los Angelinos, the weather in Houston was nasty today. The rains from yesterday left the skyrocketed the humidity and that coupled with the heat… phew it was nasty out.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I've got to agree with Christopher. The weather in Atlanta was pretty crappy this weekend, and all this week. I'm beginning to forget what the sun looks like.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Did you see this: http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/3206645

12:28 PM  
Blogger Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

June 1, 2005, 10:44AM

Fire destroys Austin's Oasis restaurant
Associated Press

AUSTIN — An early morning blaze destroyed the popular Oasis restaurant today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Fire quickly engulfed the restaurant including its famous wood porches that overlook the cliffs of Lake Travis.

Flames could be seen from several miles away, and a plume of smoke was visible from downtown Austin, authorities said.

...thought I would just post the article, because the link was too long.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home