Wednesday, May 11, 2005

First they take away my money. . .

The outrage!

The injustice!

Betcha think I'm still talking about UCLA wanting to reduce the amount of money it LETS THE GOVERNMENT GIVE ME by 75% right?

Well, yeah.

But now my hackles are also raised because my landlord said I couldn't have a cat!!




I begged and pleaded and said I would do anything. I reminded her that she likes us and knows that we're the best tenants ever. Nothing. I complained about how it will be terrible to live here once they level the FOUR lots across the street to put in 3 story condos. Goodbye quiet residential street with good parking! Nada.

Now I'm miffed and want a cat even more.

Ideas for retaliation:

1. Submit a list of everything that's broken in our apartment-- including the 'cold' faucet in the downstairs bathroom that she wanted to wait to have fixed until something else broke.

2. Complain when hunky Australian handy men leave sheet rock dust on clothes in closet.

3. Give her number to the cat adoption lady who has already called me twice this week to try and get to visit the cat I liked at the Petco adoption fair.

4. Have one of my many "psychologists" provide a doctor's note about why I need a cat to protect my fragile mental health against such ills as depression, suicide, or particularly frightening, old lady homicide.

Other suggestions from the floor?

2 Comments:

Blogger workingmemory said...

you know, i think getting my kitty was really crucial to saving me from a total breakdown last year. it gave me something important to worry about other than dismal grad school worries.
i hope the javits shit works out. you also might want to arrange TAing this summer, and not just for $, but also cause i think you'd like it. a whole bunch of people got the summer mentorship things so i bet there will be slots open for decent classes...

12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oppression!!!!!!

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home