Wednesday, January 19, 2005

When all your coppertops stop.

For those of you bloggers interested in QUADRUPLING your pageload activity, I suggest that you unsuccessfully try to avoid having a quarrel over social disparities in your comments section.

In less provocative, but nonetheless charged (oooh, bad pun -- the obvious ones are hard for me to pass by) affairs, I bought quite a few batteries tonight. The first was for an inexpensive sports watch I've had for at least 8 years-- it has been touch-and-go at times, but this is one of the longest tenures I've ever had with a possession. I got quite the bargain at my favorite watch service place. For just $7.50, they installed a new battery, set the time and date AND gave me a one year warranty on the battery. This is fantastic for everyone: I'm pretty sure the battery will last a year and I'm certain that even if it doesn't, I won't know where the receipt is if it does break in several months. I also bought three batteries for my beloved HP32SII calculator, which I've had about as long as the watch -- since my days as a fresh-faced member of the Liberty High School Math Team. Those batteries were sold individually --- at $3.50 a piece! Who knew calculator maintenance could be so costly? Luckily gummy peach rings and the samples of dyed synthetic hair were just a few aisles away to soothe my consumer angst.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

Oh gummy peach rings, I love those things. It reminds me of going to the movies (way back in the high school days). We would often sneak in a couple of bags of those and also some of the apple-o's. Good times had by all.

Math team? That's awesome.

11:47 AM  
Blogger kelly said...

Sneaking food into movies was a big part of my high school life. I had a really big bag. My math team buddies and I (seriously -- all the cool kids were on math team!) would load up at the food court before movies: Blimpies, Chic-fil-a, Marble Slab. . .

I especially like to eat gummy peach rings when I'm thirsty. I don't know why.

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home