Sunday, March 13, 2005

Just borrowing

The summer before last I bought some rollerblades off Craigslist for $30 (with money I had made from a job I had found on CL). Earlier this winter I went rollerblading with a friend and decided that the enormous blisters and needless huffing and puffing which ensued were good enough reasons to trade up for a better pair of skates. So. . . I posted my old rollerblades on Craigslist and sold them last week for $27! That makes my total rollerblade investment $.75/skate/year!

I've been loading my CDs onto my computer over the last few days and came across this relatively recently released album that I like, but don't *love*. When I added it to my Half.com inventory this afternoon (from where I originally purchased it for $10), people out there in save-money-buying-used-online land had placed pre-orders to buy it for $7.50. Goodbye, unprecious CD.

If Out of the Closet Thrift Store implemented a trade-in policy I would be set.

3 Comments:

Blogger workingmemory said...

i was thinking of getting rid of cds on half, now that i have most of them on my computer, but like, what if my computer dies/blows up? then i'll have no music.

8:54 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

hmmm...good point -- I guess you could burn copies of the 'precious' ones just in case and try to get the rest of your collection back from friends who burn you copies of their playlists should something go wrong. I totally missed that piece in my quest for investment recovery. When I was studying abroad in college my roommate made fun of my frugalness, saying my next scheme would be to contact my parents and have them sell all their clothes in a garage sale and send me the money.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

If only I had the time, patience, and memory to list things on half. Can I just send them to you Kelly and you take a cut off the top?

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home