Tuesday, February 15, 2005

A smattering.

Today I went back to the elementary school in Pacific Palisades. On the drive over I confirmed the white picket fences. Walking down the hall, the first thing is see is this tiny person careening around the corner. The second thing is see is this tiny person's tiny white ass as he's pulling up his pants on his dash back to his classroom. I hear his teacher yell at him when he arrives at his classroom. I presume she doesn't suspect his behavior was motivated by efficiency and not wanting to miss valuable instruction time.

When I got to tutoring today (a reschedule, usually it's Thursday, so the whole time I kept thinking I could go home and screw around and watch The Apprentice) the mom was like, "Oh hey, should I make some tea?" Really, I love going over to their house, hanging out every week, and leaving with a check. I just wish we could get past the whole learning Spanish pretense. I think everyone would have a much better time.

I never feel particularly inclined to comment about dating unless it's not going well. Recently it's been going well -- well, mostly. I had thought. I can't say that it's going poorly but I'm not sure I'm the best at finding the line between being easy going and independent and tolerating bullshit. My hunch is that I usually think I'm being the former but am actually doing the latter.

I really want to get a cat. My apartment is no pets, but the landlord really likes me so I think there's a shot I could get one-- I just need to make sure I'll be in LA for the summer before I commit for the long haul. A couple of weeks ago I went to the pet store and looked at all sorts of accoutrements I could get for my cat-to-be. It was weird-- for the first time I understood what people who really want to have kids must feel like. I've always thought people who lust after goods for small people without jobs or appreciation of the jobs that pay for those goods were insane. Maybe cats are gateway dependents.

2 Comments:

Blogger Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Kelly-
I hope you shielded you eyes from baby butt!

Cats are the best. They will cuddle up on your lap when no one else will. If you do get one, send pictures.

6:37 AM  
Blogger timothy said...

Cats aren't your friends, they are roommates that don't like you very much! But they are a lot of fun...

If you do end up getting a cat, I highly recommend getting the Automatic Scooping Litter box, its like a Zen sand garden for your kitty!

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home