Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Whoever said there's no such thing as a free lunch?

What does that person have to say about free dinners?

Last night a couple of friends and I saw Modest Mouse at the Wiltern. Aside from feeling like I was at a Hillary Duff concert when they played "Float On," it was a great show.

Beforehand we had dinner at a Salvadorian place. For an appetizer I had a Pupusa, which, in addition to being fun and a little naughty-sounding to say, was delicious. It's like a warm, fluffy tortilla filled with whatever you want (cheese for me) and you eat it with salsa. Perhaps even better than the food was the part when the check came and one of the friends paid for our dinner -- I love surprises! Especially when it's free dinner!

I have to meet with my advisor about an experiment I want to do. Every other time we meet she keeps asking me if I've read this article or that article. Guess what, those articles are never relevant and I could've designed the same experiment 2 months ago. But now I believe in my design a little more and I'm ready to be an advocate for it. Hopefully this conviction will last through lunch.

3 Comments:

Blogger Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Ok-I suck and removed my own comment...

I think that the person that made the comment about free lunch wants to know what you did to deserve a free dinner (wink, wink).

Be strong with your advisor...must be strong. Don't take any crap and show 'em who's boss.

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A papusa? A warm, fluffy tortilla filled with...NATIVE AMERICAN BABIES! MURDERER!

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home