Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Who are you people?

For about a year I've been the trustee of a sweater I found in my old room at my parents' house. The sweater's ownership was called into question by my sister when we were home for Christmas. The case was brought before Her Reigning Supremeness (our mom) who declared me to be the rightful and sole owner of said sweater. Walking across campus today I saw a girl reading on the grass -- wearing the same sweater. Having a low threshold for excitement, I commented on this to the friend with me. Later, the same friend and I are having lunch and I see ANOTHER girl wearing the sweater. This sweater did not come from The Gap. I have never before seen anyone having this sweater and today I see two people in an hour.

Last week my phone rang. Here's what happened:
Me: Hello?
Male caller: May I speak to Kelly please?
Me: This is she.
MC: Oh, I'm sorry, I'm looking for Kelly [My last name]?
Me: Yes. I'm Kelly [My last name].
MC: But not Kelly [My last name] from Dallas?
Me: Nope.
MC: Sorry, I must have gotten the wrong number.

Weird, huh? Some other person (who I'm presuming is male if the person could tell from 3 syllables that I wasn't the one they wanted) lives in Los Angeles with my same name. Until now, there were two confirmed others with my same name: (1) a girl in Australia who tends to get upset when she gets my hotmails and (2) a guy from my sophomore roommate's hometown who has a special affinity for ceiling fans.

I'll let everyone get back to reflecting on the State of the Union Address. I, for one, will sleep better tonight knowing the president is committed to "preserving the sanctity of marriage." Right. Who doesn't love a little dose of intolerance on a lonely Wednesday night?

3 Comments:

Blogger workingmemory said...

before you were on friendster i searched your name to see if you had a profile and there are a lot of people with your name. at least if people try to google you, they probably won't get anything. when people google me they get my high score on the minesweeper hall of fame from 1997.

10:44 PM  
Blogger timothy said...

affinity for ceiling fans?!?

8:32 AM  
Blogger timothy said...

affinity for ceiling fans?!?

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home