Monday, June 27, 2005

Not an L.A. story

The Appreciate Southern California Weather tour officially wrapped up today.

First, it turned out that the 93 degrees that welcomed me to Texas was due to an overcast sky. No matter - it was fun. Despite being mostly lazy, I met up with some friends from high school and from college. I ate sno-cones. I played with my parents' dog Hank.









I rode in cars at speeds I've only dreamed of since moving to L.A. I arrived at destinations in travel times consistently correlated with their distance from my places of origin. I puzzled over this sign:















I think it may be about masturbation, but I'm not sure.

My friend Krista picked me up from the Phoenix airport with news that it had cooled off to a mere 108 degrees in the Grand Canyon State.

Some of the weekend was spent on various arrangements for Krista's upcoming wedding. Krista mostly arranged and negotiated, Bethany and I concentrated our efforts on constructive role play.















I played with the supercute Henry, the adopted cat at Krista's house.









Henry's favorite activities include sleeping and watching television. Henry is really cute. We're really good friends now. Isn't she (yes, I meant that - Henry's a girl) cute?









I appreciated this mountain in the alpenglow.









And then someone else took the very last picture of my trip.

I had lunch with some friends on the way home from the airport today. Afterward I mentioned to someone who had also arrived in town this morning that I always like leaving Los Angeles and I always like returning to Los Angeles. "Yeah," he consented, "but I like returning just a little less than I like leaving." Indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home