Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Items

"I have just a few lil' items for you Kelly, when you have a chance," my dad would say when he wanted to remind me to change my oil, to really, really read some book about saving and investing money, and what time we were leaving for some miscellaneous road trip.

Here are a few lil' items for all of you:

Everything I'm wearing today is either blue or grey. Aside from my underthings (including socks) and shoes, everything came from a thrift store. When I take the stairs from my office to the bathroom I often use the time to account for the percentage of my outfit procured from a thrift store. Today's standout item is a pair of pants I bought for $.70 when the Salvation Army had a "closing for remodeling" 75% off everything sale. This beats the red tank top I bought in 1998 for $.80 on halfprice Sunday at Goodwill.

I got a haircut about 2 weeks ago.

Here's what was left behind:

Here's the result:

Lately I've been thinking a lot about French Toast. Whenever I mention it, people groan appreciatively. But they don't understand. I'm not talking about the run-of-the-mill Ihop affair with maple syrup and a modest sprinkling of powered sugar. Nothing shy of a pool o' butter engulfed by piles and piles of fluffy powdered sugar would satisfy my needs. In addition to calling referring to things to tell me as "items," my dad also knows how to make really good French Toast. Because I'm a remedial cook, I just learned [to remember] how last summer. I finally relieved my craving Sunday night:




Today is my dad's birthday.

3 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

Nice haircut.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Love the haircut....very sophisticated and cute at the same time. I wish I could do that with my hair.

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no comment on the hair cut until i see it in person on sunday. But I was having a major french toast craving monday. I was supposed to make it with a friend but they canceled. they had no clue what they were missing.

abby

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home