Friday, October 28, 2005

There goes that idea.

Lately I've been thinking a lot (okay, just a bit more than a little - so a moderate amount) about how people on Vespas always seem to have good posture and maybe, just maybe, owning a sleek little scooter of my own might be the trick to cure what 24 years of my mother's scolding couldn't.



I was really jealous last month when my friend Kenny got a silver one. All of my jealousy and 99% of my general Vespa-rider-envy subsided when some friends and I visited him tonight. Turns out, sexy little Vespas and left-turning Honda Civics don't mix at 40mph. Kenny's mostly okay, aside from a bone in his shoulder that's broken in four places after breaking the car's windshield with his body. So instead of a Vespa maybe I'll just write myself a postit to sit up straight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

Getting hit by a car sucks...especially on something like a bike (I know this from experience).

But I will admit that Vespa ad is fantastic.

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home