Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Five years didn't sound like such a long time then.

At their worst, blogs become venues for excessive whining, bitching, bragging, pretention, and self-disclosure. The good news is that the first step to recovery is acceptance.

Ever since returning to my 'real' life at school (i.e. classes, 'research' - that I'm supposed to 'conduct') all I can think about is leaving it again. Having a slightly kickass end of summer has resulted in a serious case of GSM (Graduate School Malaise). I've tried to ward it off with caffeine, alcohol, dental work, and dropping a few bills for SXSW tickets, but so far nothing's done the trick.

Thus, in addition to spending my free (and also some of my not free) time inappropriately stalking people I met over the summer, I'm also obsessively checking airfares to places that aren't Los Angeles. Long weekend in Cabo, anyone? $173 roundtrip. Perhaps a little Guadalajaran getaway or some Salvadorian sunshine over the winter break? $250. If only the government paid me to make *my* world a better place instead of furthering science. In that case I might spring for the $556 to Hong Kong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home