Thursday, September 15, 2005

Fishing dishing.

Hullo from Anchorage, where I've stopped for a couple of days to hang out with my friend Jessie before heading to Kenai tomorrow morning.

Yesterday I went biking for most of the morning while Jessie was substitute teaching Algebra II. After hitting some trails in the extensive park system, I rode downtown and parked my bike next to the Anchorage Convention Center, where the 135th meeting of the American Fisheries Society was taking place. No kidding. Just when you think you've pigeon-holed yourself in the most esoteric field, you happen along a Fishery Society convention. There were a ton of fishery folk - the young were pretty hip with their plastic framed glasses and Vans. More hip than the kids at the last psych conference.

Yesterday afternoon Jessie and I went back to the park for a round of disc golf. You can drink beer in the park here. Tonight we're going for a little hike, getting some sushi, and going to a benefit show at a local brewery. I'll report later if any of the band members are half-Jewish or curly-haired enough for me to add the to evangelized crush list.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

I'm jealous, I was always a little upset that I didn't get to visit my brother in Alaska before he left.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home