Monday, September 05, 2005

Snivel.

Hooray! Friday morning brought a very special delivery to the arrivals deck of LAX. The woman my 14 - 18 year-old self passed notes to during class, conferred with between classes, and still managed to find reason to talk to on the phone after school came to visit me!

It was a weekend of hard core LA evangelism at its finest. We had happy hour at the esteemed Gyu-Kaku before catching the even-more-esteemed Matt Besser's one man show on the separation between Church and State. Providing more support for the idea that adolescence is characterized by feelings of invincibility, feeling extra-bold in Kara's company I approached Matt Besser after the show and told him I liked it. Of course I said something much more lame than the thousands of versions of other things I worked out on the drive home.


Saturday was filled with eating and lots o' thrift store shopping. Sunday we drove out to Malibu for what I assumed would be a really easy walk on some trail I'd found online. It wasn't bad, but it was really really dry and we had to do some minor rock scrambling (note the gulch pictured) in a few places that provoked some pause given our attire of skirts and flip flops.



I sent Kara back to Austin this morning and spent more time than is not embarrasing seriously bummed out about her departure. I'm usually not that sad about friends' coming and going, but it's been years since we'd spent so much time together and maybe part of it was saddness over all the time in the interim that we hadn't kept up as much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home