Tuesday, November 01, 2005

That was a close one.

Last night I came home to find a letter from UCLA in my pile of bills, credit card offers, and fan mail. A memo explained that the enclosed card was to help me be better prepared for emergencies (in the wake of Hurricane Katrina). Also, if I'm confused about my card or want more of them, I can email or call someone who can set me up with a brain transplant.

The card includes complicated, little known disaster-coping strategies such as:

1. dial 911 for emergencies

2. go to www.ucla.edu for information about UCLA




Seriously. UCLA graduate students don't need the number for 911. We'd prefer to talk the person who keeps causing midday power outages throughout the city or whoever decided that it was a good idea to charge $8 a day to park on campus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home