Thursday, December 22, 2005

Jingle jingle.

The two buses and one jet thing was a slightly bigger pain in the ass than I expected, probably because the first bus was crowded with every person over the age of 67 in the greater 3-1-0 area and I took advantage of Southwest's three pieces of checked luggage policy.

I like flying Southwest because it's easy to get free flights. I had two last year. I have one this year that I haven't used. One problem with flying Southwest? Its gates are in the least glamorous wing of LAX. No delicious food options. No good shopping options. No celebrities, just regular people looking ridiculously lounge-y and unkempt in their shapeless pants, Uggs, and oversized sunglasses. Oh, and the "snack packs" they give you on long flights are kind of obnoxious. But other than that I'm pro-Southwest.

I've had a very productive few days back. In an effort to use excessive (okay, moderate) cross training to sustain my marathon plans despite a knee injury that doesn't want to heal, I got a short-term membership to the ONE (1) gym in town. Ten-day guest pass = Eighteen dollars. I don't think this will put Liberty into the top ten for "Best places to live," but this is a seriously good deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home