Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Customer disservice.

When I pay someone to do something, it's because I think they can do it better or more efficiently than me.

Even though I traded-up in terms of mileage, age, and mechanical condition on my replacement car, I'd been puzzled by a couple of stains in the backseat. How exactly does one stain leather? Whatever. I needed a really decent used car, not a perfect backseat. I assumed the imperfections were the result of the two toddlers I met when I first looked at the car. Their dad told me they were really sad to see it go. I mentioned that it was probably the first car they remembered. He said that they never ride it in. I'm calling his bluff. But back to the story.

So this morning I take the car to the Blue Wave car wash (home of the best gift shop ever) with my coupon for an Express Detail for only $29, you know, to start fresh and get all the Republican washed out. On the way home I notice that the stains in the backseat must have been too much for the professionals - and really, what are they?

Okay, Blue Wave and previous owner: quit letting me down! The miscellaneous stains wiped off with Windex and if your kids never rode in the car, just who was stuffing pretzels in the seatbelt reservoir? Further, if you were either (a) in the car wash business or (b) selling your car don't you think you could pass a towel (and maybe a vacuum) over the backseat? The real reason I'm annoyed with the previous owner is that he took off his old license plate when I took the car, which meant I had to go to the DMV the-very-next-morning or deal with the license plate stickler LAPD. But still.

And also, I get annoyed with girls who wear bikinis to the sauna at the gym. It is not a beach - no one thinks you're hot or stylish.

2 Comments:

Blogger timothy said...

a) Why go to all the trouble of cleaning out your car, when a grad student from Texas will buy it anyway, and b)I think they are both stylish and hot... ...well, hot anyway!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Christopher said...

Here Here!

Wash the republican out... that's awesome.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home